Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Warrior Wannabe's

I had a little fun thinking up the title of this post. I would really like to think of Steve and I as the crazy, energetic, adventure hunting, thrill seeking weekend warriors that make the covers of outdoor magazines, but, at best - for now, we are the people who read such stories and are inspired to strap on our camelbaks and find a little park. :) We're working on the whole "blazing new trails" part. One big inhibition for me (kar) is snakes. Sorry, but if there is a path less taken by me, it's most likely the one with snakes. However, I am discovering that the trails with the most snakes happen to be the ones that are paved with blacktop. So, that is a good thing for my weekend warrior aspirations.

On saturday we drove east of Salem for about 45-50 minutes. It was a beautiful drive, especially since I bought new sunglasses! We passed through the towns of Gates, Aumsville, and ended in Detroit. We checked out the Detroit lake, the North Santiam River, and the Detroit Dam. You can also see snow-covered Mt. Jefferson in the background of Detroit Lake. It was pretty fun, but I'm really looking forward to seeing some more mountain terrain and stuff. **These are not my images** Images courtesy of Wikimedia, Panoramio.com, and beloblog.com



Well, that's all for me right now. Hope you all enjoy your week!

Love,

Kar

No comments: