Monday, August 11, 2008

A Day @ The Beach

The past weekend has been a lot of fun for us. I had been planning a surprise date for Steve for the last three weeks. I decided to surprise him on Friday. I decorated the living room as a forest with our tent in the middle. It was so much fun!


He was completely shocked and excited when he finally saw it. It took me from 10am to 5pm to finish the decorating.


Then we went to a movie with some friends of ours. Steve hadn't been home all day. After the movie, we came home and roasted marshmallows over the stove for smores.


I thought Steve really liked smores so I bought all of the ingredients. After only one, he told me he wasn't too fond of them, which we laughed over a lot after I told him I didn't like them either!

Steve and I spent all of Saturday in Newport, Oregon. I had been there once before, but the Oregon Coast Aquarium had been closed by the time we got there. This time one of Steve's co-workers gave us free tickets to the aquarium, and it turned out to be a gorgeous day, despite the storm clouds that were hovering over the H.B. Van Duzer corridor we always drive through to get to the coast.

We had a lot of fun watching the birds, seals, sea lions, and otters play around in the water.








This Puffin was being quite the show off. I'm sure the lady puffins were just as impressed with his breeding plumage as the crowd was. :)






There was an exhibit called "Odd Water". The animals, most of which we had seen before, were such an amazing illustration of God's creativity and wisdom. I was so impressed.












I love the way the sea horse's little wings flutter so quickly!! They're so cute!

No comments: