Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Guest Room

Steve is on board with decorating the guest room/office!! Yay! So, my idea for the room is to go with a 1920's era of African safari/English occupation. The image below is a tiny picture of my the big dreams in my head... It's a "tent" in Kenya, Maasai Mara - Cottar's 1920's Luxury Safari Camp.



I love the muslin canopy and the dark woods. I'm still getting used to the animal prints. Any ideas for furniture or just little touches? I want to have some wooden savannah and jungle animals and possibly a vintage typewriter. :)







Textiles and fabrics to use: muslin, cotton, raffia, mudcloth, brocade, batik, bamboo, rattan,
Resources of Africa: cocoa, coffee, corn, cotton, diamonds, fish, gold, paper products, platinum, rubber, sugarcane, tea, wheat, zinc....

Right now Africa imports mechanical/industrial things to build its infrastructure. There is a large informal market (usually considered Black Market) that isn't factored into the GDP. Africa is such a beautiful place! I pray we can all help its people learn about God and improve their quality of life. Thank you, Lord, for letting me live in such blessed country as America.

No comments: