Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Our New Entrepreneurial Spirit

I had a bit of an attitude in the last post, if you didn't notice. I'm feeling a lot better now. Steve and I have started an online bookstore - sort of. We're still building up our inventory and finances are a little mixed with our personal finances, but we've been making a nice number of sales in our first week. It has kept me very busy, running over to the parents to print packing slips (we don't own a printer), packing the books and taping on addresses, etc. while Jack, their dog, licks my feet, pants, or whatever else he can get his tongue on. He's very attention hungry with no cause to be so. Then I rush to the post office around 4:30pm to get there before it closes, carrying more than I can handle sometimes. Then I rush back home to check our orders to see if we sold anything else that can go out the next day!

Right now, I'm wondering how this is all going to work once I have a day job. I'll try to post some more updates as to what has been happening around here lately and what will be happening in the upcoming months! At this time, I'm rushing to get out the door on my first solo venture to the bank. This, hopefully, will not be interesting. :) Hope you're having a great day! Leave us a comment or two if you have time!

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

Hey Kari!
It's good to read your updates. I have been meaning to call you, um, for the last month or so, so i'm really hoping to get to it soon! My life is getting a little crazier here (which I kind of appreciate after weeks of not doing much at all!) and i'm hoping to start my real estate classes on Monday.
Sounds like you are keeping busy with the books, but I'm wondering where they are all coming from??? Leftover books from your collection? or are you buying and reselling???
I better run!
Love you,
Patty