Saturday, May 9, 2009

It's Officially Spring

It's been "officially" spring for awhile, but spring has actually dawned on the Hornaday house. :) I finally sunk my fingers into a giant bag of moist, black soil. I was enjoying it even more than usual because there were no weird bugs in it, unlike the flower beds with native Oregon bugs... I'm still not used to the bugs, spiders, snakes, and other wildlife out here. Tomorrow I'm hoping my calla lily will be happy to have been in a bigger pot outside for the night.

I always told Steve that I don't own any plants because I kill them. So what does he do? He buys me a Calla lily PLANT for Valentine's Day this year. It has survived under my care so far. I'm not sure if it's thriving or not. It has grown longer leaves and still has blossoms, but it often looks green/yellow around the edges as though it's about to throw up on the carpet. So, I'm hoping now that it will get some fresh air, unfiltered sunshine, and fresh rain it will be a lot greener and happier! We'll see...

I was going to post photos, but the camera battery disappeared. In other words, Steve is doing something with it or simply forgot to put it back. Either way, you're not getting any pictures. Sorry! Hope you're having a great Spring!

No comments: