Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What I've Done

Feeling as if I've accomplished nothing over the past year, I decided to write a list of what I have accomplished in one day, beginning now:

  • Watched two children/family movies.
  • Laughed
  • Tried to free write. Felt bound.
  • Unloaded half of the dishwasher.
  • Gave the plant some much-needed sunlight.
  • Made haystacks.
  • Paid student loans.
  • Wrote to same loan company asking why they continually mark one bill as past due.
  • Logged into Pandora.com & tuned into my Regina Spektor station. Wished my life always had a soundtrack in the background.
  • Thought about why I feel the way I do about my life in Oregon. Bittersweet.
  • Freaked out over lack of period -- Day 2.
    *Not unusual since my body is all strung out on hormones & I'm losing my mind slowly*
  • Fed the fish. Realized their light finally fried itself out. Probably an easy fix ~ for Steve.
  • Did some laundry.
  • Cleaned the sink, counter, toilet, and scrubbed the shower really good.
  • My world felt upside down. Showered.
  • Cried out to God, sobbing. Felt peace & assurance that things really will get better.
  • Decided not to wear tight clothes. World is crawling upward.
    *Wore yoga pants & an over-sized Bahamas t-shirt Kris gave me years ago. Cried again*
  • Finally wrote this list, which I feel qualifies as free writing.
Not a complete waste of a day. Even the sun has decided it's a decent enough day to show its face.

1 comment:

Phil and Patty said...

Comments always make me happier. So I thought I'd leave you one. Just wanted to say I love you and you're the best little sister ever and that I can't wait to see you and Steve this summer. It's gonna be so much fun. In fact it's possible that it will be so funtastic that we may not survive the week because we may be in various stages of fun stroke, fun exhaustion and if it gets too bad maybe even fun-o-thermia. Love You Phil