Friday, January 15, 2010

One Year & Temptation

Recently I babysat a sweet little girl who is almost one year old. She's adorable, and very determined. I sat back and laughed as I saw Paul's thoughts illustrated through the actions of a tiny person:
23 But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. 24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? 25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.
- Romans 7:23-25 NLT

Two things off-limits: fireplace & entertainment center. Out of all the toys and objects on the living room floor, what were the most fascinating? The fireplace hearth/screen and the computer tower with the blinking lights.



She would crawl right up to them and stop just shy of them. Then her little hand would reach out slowly. She would hear, "No, don't touch that. No-no!" and pause. After a few seconds of contemplation, her hand would inch closer until her fingertips touched it. Begin redirection. Over and over, after a few screams and a couple menacing growls she found new interest in some of her toys and a few kitchen gadgets. By the way, Kelly is a genius. I love her blog post about "toys". Hannah's favorite toy of the day was the Oster food processor pusher (I don't know the technical term). She discovered she could put her paci in it and shake it to make music or she could chew on it to help relieve her teething pain. Too cute!


I LOVE her reaction!


Happy!

No comments: