Friday, July 9, 2010

Morning Devotion

I receive a daily email from "Living Free Every Day". Honestly, there are many times I just ignore it, but it grabbed my attention today. Here are some snippets from the devotion:

Living Free Every Day®
Friday, July 9, 2010

Today's Scripture
"I will do right and praise you by learning to respect your perfect laws." Psalm 119:7 CEV


Thoughts for Today
If we want to truly praise God with all that we are (Psalm 103:1), we are called to praise him with our actions. In the words of the psalmist, we will praise God by learning to respect his perfect laws.

We can praise him with our day-to-day living showing love for others with our actions, not just our words - being quick to forgive, trusting God and not walking in fear and worry, refusing to succumb to the compromising ways of the world, telling others what the Lord has done for us.


Consider this
Do your actions throughout the day bring honor and praise to God?

We are all learning. Becoming more Christ-like is a lifetime process, and we will make many mistakes along the way. But ask God to help you become more aware of ways to praise him not only in your prayer times, but in all your relationships and activities throughout each day.


Prayer
Father, teach me to have an attitude of praise, not only in my prayer time or at church, but throughout each day. Help me to praise you in my attitudes, my relationships and my actions.



Hope this encourages you today! It's hard to obey someone or something you don't respect. Respect takes time and learning. I believe the more we learn about who God is and what He does, respect will come easily to our hearts and minds, as He transforms us.

No comments: