Thursday, July 29, 2010

Round and Round We Go



Where we stop? Only God knows!

Why do they call them merry-go-rounds? Was it named after a girl? I have to say that not everyone finds them merry. Especially people like me who have awful motion sickness! =) I was thinking about that because of summer life.

At first, I thought life felt like a roller coaster. However, it hasn't been up and down. It's been extremely busy, reminding me of when I was a kid on a merry-go-round that was being twisted into torturous revolutions by an older bully while I was screaming to be let off. Do you ever have days like that?

It's fun to have a busy schedule in the beginning, but when gravity starts to catch up with me and there's no end in sight, all I want to do is lay on my back in the grass with my eyes closed until my world comes to a peaceful, calm resting place.

It's in these whirling, chaotic times that I'm learning to look to the sky instead of my surroundings and circumstances and ask God for what I need. Patience. A quiet and gentle spirit. Refuge. Perseverance. Joy. =)

I seem to find these things in the early hours of the morning, before the wheels of the world begin turning. The Psalmist was onto something...

Psalm 63:1-8 (KJV)

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.

Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:

When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.

My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.


God is faithful, especially in the crazy times.

Steve and I are preparing to leave for a week at church camp. I've never been there before. He hasn't gone in years. We both have a lot on our minds and our to-do lists. I struggle with anxiety in these moments. God has reminded me via my husband that He never gives us more than we can handle. Isn't that awesome?

Just remember: God is watching that bully, and one tap will bring the merry-go-round to a screeching halt before you lose your lunch. God is merciful and good. ;)

Come, every soul by sin oppressed, there's mercy with the Lord; and He will surely give you rest by trusting in His Word. Yes, Jesus is the Truth, the Way that leads you into rest; believe in Him without delay, and you are fully blessed. Only trust Him, only trust Him, Only trust Him now. He will save you, He will save you, He will save you now.
~ John H. Stockton

No comments: