Saturday, April 9, 2011

Homemade Taco Seasoning

I've shared this before on Facebook, but thought I would share it here with my own additions.

I love this recipe from Bill Echols on Allrecipes.com (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Taco-Seasoning-I/Detail.aspx)

Here it is -- with my additions:
Equal to 2 Taco Seasoning Packets

2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
2 teaspoons Sea Salt
2 teaspoons Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Corn Starch

Combine all ingredients in small, air-tight storage container with lid. Shake until thoroughly combined. Use 3 TBSP seasoning with 2/3 cup water for each pound of meat.

So long MSG and preservatives!

Hope this helps you out!

No comments: