Monday, August 1, 2011

First Albertsons Run

Fun, fun, fun! I'm pretty stoked about our first run to Albertsons! It's a 15 minute drive or more for us since it's in Keizer, but it was a pretty sweet deal. We got out of there with 2 cantaloupes and 15 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast for a whopping $27.45! Love that!

Right now, they have the cheapest BL/SL chicken breast around, and that includes frozen chicken breast. Theirs is fresh! Today it is $1.88/lb. I printed the $5 off $25 or more coupon from joining their email club. The sale price came out to $21.63 for 15.34 lbs of chicken. I then had the $5 off coupon (which I could use because I bought two .48/lb cantaloupe) bringing the price per pound to $1.08. Yeah - that's awesome. Pretty much all of the other stores were over $2/lb for even frozen chicken breasts. Plus, there was barely anyone in the store and there was no wait at the checkout. Shopper's Heaven!

I didn't have the preferred shopper card, but the girl at the register entered her phone number for us. Probably against the rules, but if it brings customers back, why not?!? She was awesome!

No comments: