Friday, March 27, 2009

Summer Projects




I've been wanting to garden since I moved into our townhouse. There are two strips of gardening space on either side of the back patio steps. I have been planning the layout of my little garden and am hoping it will flourish under my care with a lot of work and a little water and sunshine!

Here's my idea:

Side A:
  • Basil ~ We love fresh pesto!
  • Oregano
  • Parsley
  • Green Peppers
  • Grape Tomatoes ~ Especially for Steve
  • Petunias/Nasturtiums
Side B: I may just skip the following veggies & plant wildflowers. :)
  • Pole Beans
  • Cilantro
  • Nasturtiums
We have a lot of slugs out here. I'm wondering if they will play a big role. Do you have any tricks or tips for getting rid of them or for growing the plants I've chosen? The slugs already got their grimy little lips on my flowers planted in a pot on the front porch... However, the flowers are braving through the abuse and are looking pretty good!

Are you planning a garden this year? What plants have you chosen?

If you have any gardening advice, I would love to hear it! This is my first attempt gardening completely on my own! Mom was always there to doctor my plants if they needed it! :)

Miss you, mom!

No comments: