Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Uff Dah!

Elizabeth Barret Browning spoke great words to me today:

"Measure not the work until the day's out and the labor done."

What wisdom!

It's been another long one. Hot outside. Cranky inside. Tears running down. Screams piercing the air.

However, there have been rays of light in the dark of the storm. We had a great conversation over lunch. We took a look at the potty for the first time, and she sat on the lid without any great trepidation. We made primitive animal noises at each other until we both giggled. We repurposed an old carpet bag to put our blocks into. It's working much better. We've made it through a few diaper changes (stinky, awful ones) without any scratching or screaming. That's almost a miracle!

This morning I asked Steve if he needed me to do anything for him today. He simply requested, "Have a good day." What a sweetheart. So, that's been my goal today. No matter how miserable I'm tempted to feel, I want to count every trial a joy. No matter what happens, I don't want to count the burdens I've carried until the Lord shows me at the end of the day how he carried me through it all. Praise God!

No comments: