Monday, June 7, 2010

Waterfalls Galore

Steve and I headed out to Silver Falls State Park today with Jon & Kari and their kids. It was a gorgeous day! Sunny and warm with big, fluffy clouds to give us a little shade from time to time. I just discovered we hiked two miles with two 3-year-olds and a 5-year-old. They were great! I also learned that I've now seen four of the ten falls! Yay! I've seen the North (136 ft) & Upper North (65 ft) Falls and the South (177 ft) & Lower South (93 ft) Falls. They're beautiful! Pictures will come later. These are the next ones on the list:

*Double Falls (178 ft)
*Drake Falls (27 ft)
*Middle North Falls (106 ft)
*Lower North Falls (30 ft)
*Winter Falls (134 ft)
*Twin Falls (31 ft)

After walking and hiking for many miles and hours in my Keens, I have to recommend them for anyone looking for new sandals this summer! My only complaint is that rocks sometimes slip inside, but it's nothing that can't be fixed by a quick shake of the foot or by slipping your sandal off for a second. They're expensive, but definitely worth it!

No comments: