Monday, February 4, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

I wanted to share the places and things I have come to love most about Oregon in the little time I've been here so far.

Multnomah Falls
(North of Portland, OR)













Multnomah Falls is one of my favorite places because it is a place that makes me feel close to God, aware of His amazing power, and yet his tender and beautiful grace towards us is also evident in the carefully hand-crafted ferns and flowers throughout the hike to the top. It is also the place where Steve asked me to be his wife.


Road's End Tide Pools
(Lincoln City, Oregon)















I love the beach. The sand is not warm and the surf is not necessarily swimmable, but it is full of gorgeous little creatures like starfish and anemones. There are also shells scattered about the shore. One of my most treasured parts of the northern Oregon beaches is that there aren't a ton of half naked people hogging and polluting the whole thing. I fell in a tidepool the first time we were out crawling around on them together. I sliced open my hand, but I'll spare you the gory pictures and details. Steve and I like to build sandcastles and draw in the sand when it's warmer.

Butte Creek












Steve took me here as a surprise. I was so excited. You hike down through the woods, across a little bridge, and then climb down a steep rock face to get to the bottom of the waterfall. The water is frigid, but it is so beautiful.


Salem Saturday Market/Wednesday Farmer's Market














I love to go to the markets and see what all of the artists and farmers have to offer. It's really fun, as you can see. :) I hope everyone can experience these things some time, and enjoy them as much as I do!

No comments: