Thursday, February 11, 2010

Motivate Me

It dawned upon me this evening that sometimes our best accomplishments in a day are the ones that aren't on our to-do lists. I woke up procrastinating. Do you ever have those days? Your eyelids slide open just a sliver to notice daylight peeking through the shades, and then everything comes to a grinding halt.

I managed to half-complete almost everything on my list. Yet, at the end of the day, I have decided to sit back and enjoy the two clean shelves of my refrigerator, the amazing orange-pineapple chicken we had for dinner, that spotless de-junked corner in the living room, and my relaxing shower at the end of the day. Sometimes going with the flow and discovering a new destination is more rewarding than trying to swim upstream toward our ideals...

No comments: