Friday, April 16, 2010

Tears & Pain

The Hornaday house has had a rocky past day and night. I had a root canal two days ago. It wasn't too bad the first day, but it's gotten increasingly worse. My whole head throbs and my body is so tense. Steve has been amazing and he's suffering right along with me through the sleeplessness and helpless feelings. I'm so thankful for those who love us and compassionate fellow believers who pray.

I can't stand the thought of more needles or drills, so hopefully I can talk the dentist into some laughing gas if he needs to reexamine it. I'm hoping it's just a few x-rays and a painkiller prescription with some antibiotics. All the ibuprofen and orajel I've been using have made my stomach really upset. Can't wait for this to be over. My mind is so overtaken with pain, and yet this voice keeps saying to me, "Why is God allowing this? There is purpose in suffering." Keep looking to the light. These are light and momentary trials. They will soon be over. Thanks again for your prayers and love.

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

Hope your appointment this morning goes smoothly and leaves you feeling much better! I *hate* the dentist, so you have my sympathies and my prayers!
Love you Kar!
(I think Maya was feeling your pain this morning too, but hers has to do with teeth coming in!)