Friday, April 16, 2010

Treasuring peace

I got back from the dentist with good and bad news. The bad news is that it turns out I have an infection around my two front lower teeth. It was there when my regular dentist did the first root canal and it seems to have been exacerbated by the surgery and spread to a larger area. My teeth didn't hurt at all before this.


The good news is that we know what it is and I'm now on a course of antibiotics and am taking vicadin every six hours. The antibiotics aren't supposed to be effective until two days of treatment. The vicadin is great for an hour or two, but wears off quickly and I have to wait the next four or five hours in pain before I can take it again.

I'm learning to really treasure the peaceful times when the pain is lessened and I can sleep or enjoy what's going on around me. Thanks again for your prayers. I'm really thankful Steve doesn't go back to work until next Tuesday. Yay! He's such a comfort.

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

we're still praying! love you! so thankful you have such an awesome husband who takes great care of you!