Friday, October 1, 2010

Deconstruction

I found a cute crib bumper at Goodwill for about $3. A crib bumper is a great repurposing project. You get plenty of fabric, plus a ton of batting to boot! After ripping out the seams, I was quite surprised at how much batting there was. Woo hoo!

I'm at phase 2 of my project now: What am I going to make?

Generally people begin with an idea, and then deconstruct. For me, it really depends on my mood. =)

Without any further ado, here are my materials:

A ton of thread goes into sewing! Crazy!
I don't generally reuse it. It just surprised me.

This is the front, back, and trim of the bumper.
I'm thinking quilt. What do you think??

I love the fabric. It's so girly.
I don't have many girly-girl things in my house.

What would you do with a spare crib bumper?

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

save it for your baby girl's room! :)

Kari Hornaday said...

=) I like that idea. A girl. I wonder what the odds are of that happening!