Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Good Stuff...

Food, that is. =)

For the last week I had been on a Thai food craze. I couldn't get enough. Our favorite dish of all is Pad Se Ew (wide rice noodles stir-fried with broccoli and egg).



I love adding water chestnuts and baby corn. I would add pea pods and a bunch of other veggies too, but I don't want to annoy the chefs... Right now, we pick up our Thai food at local restaurants, but I would like to spend more time testing it out at home. I've tried pad se ew at home, and it was good, but not as good as the restaurant. Do you have any favorite Thai dishes or recipes?

Last night we made meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy, sauteed mushrooms, and steamed asparagus and corn. I even had fruit cocktail for dessert, but we were both so full from the amazing dinner, we didn't bother with it. This is the meatloaf recipe I've always used from the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook. It turns out great every time. When sauteing mushrooms, I put a little butter in a frying pan and heat it up, I add either garlic powder or garlic cloves and salt to taste. Then I saute them until they are a dark brown. I don't like mushrooms any other way, but I can't get enough of them this way.

No comments: