Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lost & Found

It's only 8am. This little guy completely personifies my current state. It's shaping up to be an interesting day. I was supposed to go to an appraisal at Fred Meyer Jeweler's this morning, only to find that I can't find the appraisal pieces anywhere. Last night we tore the house apart looking for them. I had put them in one of those proverbial "safe places" that's safe from even me and my memory, the one who put it there! Now I have to cancel the appointment. It's frustrating since I've been waiting for this for weeks! Grr!

I have to go back to Shopko after having just been there yesterday. Steve was goofing around and grabbed me by the shirt collar, not realizing he also grabbed my brand-new, 5-hour old necklace. It broke, of course. It can be fixed. One of the knots just came undone. I figure we can chalk it up to cheap construction and exchange it. If not, Steve has pledged to fix it. So, lost is the necklace, for now.

Then, last night, I proceeded to forget my purse at Subway on the way to bible study. We got to church and had to drive right back to the restaurant. Steve decided to make a show of it. I was waiting in the car since I was the driver (and it would take longer for me to get it than for Steve - he disagreed). He decided to play a little joke. He grabbed the purse off the back of the chair and came out to the car, which was parked directly in front of the large glass windows. Everyone was watching him since we had just been there. He lifted my purse up over his head in a victory motion. People started laughing and smiling. Then he got in the car and made me kiss him while everyone was watching so they would know he's my hero. Totally embarrassing, but I have to admit I laughed too.

So, that is the lost portion of this post, not to exclude my mind. I'm sure it's out there somewhere. I just can't find it.

This morning we woke up around 6:30am. We found we both weren't feeling the greatest, but got up and got going anyway. I was planning to walk to work with Steve, but he preferred a ride since he wasn't feeling good. We got out to the car and discovered it was covered with a wintery frost. What?!? It wasn't supposed to frost! My poor primroses were outside all night! Steve went digging in the trunk for an ice scraper. Being a Wisconsin-native and having too much experience with scraping windows, I decided to go with an old stand-by: my laminated library card. It still works great!

Steve got to work only to realize he forgot his phone at home. I ran home to retrieve his phone and brought it back to him. I sure hope the rest of the day isn't so yo-yo-ish. I'm tired of the back and forth and digging for things and it's only 8am!

Here's to a simpler day and a wonderful walk in the afternoon with Kari and Jack, the dog-in-law.

No comments: