What do I consider the best gift? Life. God's greatest gift to us is eternal life. In addition to that amazing thought, Steve and I are so excited to have kids, to give life to another little person.
What's the second best gift? Quality. God didn't just give us life. He gave us the best quality of life - eternal life! We can give our kids life (if it's God's will, of course), but we want to give them a great quality of life.
I thought about this and it made me wonder what we're doing to create a better environment and a better world for our children and their future, as well as for ourselves.
These are the things we currently do to help reduce our impact and leave a better legacy:
- Use old clothing scraps to clean the house.
- Turn lights off when we leave the room.
- Put on more clothes and use the fireplace to provide warmth instead of turning up the heat.
- Shop at the local farmer's market in summer months.
- Freeze foods to increase their "shelf-life" so we don't throw out so much spoiled food.
- Bring reusable shopping bags to the store.
- Researching if I can sew items before buying them.
- Before buying cheaply made furniture, Steve researches the cost and often builds it himself.
What are tips and advice you can offer?